Mission Address

Texas Lubbock Mission
Sentry III Plaza
5214 68th Street, Suite 202
Lubbock, TX 79424-1523

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Wait a Minute
That’s not the same Spanish they taught us in the M.T.C.!
My Spanish IS getting better but there’s lots of room for improvement. It’s just like golf - you practice everyday - all day - and you get really frustrated along the way (bad shots = bad grammar or misuse of grammar, but you get my point) and then when you get to the tournament (or in this case, an investigator’s door) you just have to hope that you practiced enough and you can come out on top! Right now I’m in the frustrated cause-it’s-not-working-how-I-want-it-to phase. Kind of like Spanish is the front nine and the lesson is the back nine - the front nine was like 5 or 6 over (ouch) but the back nine was like 3 under!

If we’re teaching a lesson, I’m all over it, but then before or after and the investigators are talking about their car or work or something random like that, then that’s when I just nod my head and said “si”. Spanish people talk way fast and forever!

We don’t have many investigators right now because about three weeks ago they changed us to Spanish-only investigators. We knock on doors for like an hour every day and we have a really tiny Spanish Branch, about 30 or 35 people and it’s hard to get lessons with a member present because there is just not enough people. My trainer (or papa; that mission lingo - you get trained by your papa making you a son and so on).






Crash and Burn

My first comp since I left the M.T.C. - Elder Kenyon - He and I ride our bikes around all day and one day he saw a Sharpie on the road and he turned around to point it out to me cause I was behind him. When he turned to point, he turned a little to hard left and went up the curb on his bike. I didn’t see it happen cause I was looking at the Sharpie. So Elder Kenyon wanted to show me what he did so he tried to ride up the curb again, but crashed a little and we started laughing. He was super determined so he got back up and tried it again and this time he crashed again!!! I hit the pavement laughing so hard!! I’m laughing right now as I type this!!! At the time we didn’t think his wounds were so serious, but take a look - he looks like a burn victim!





Sign, Sign, Everywhere a Sign


This truck is hilarious:
We like to track him down when we're hungry!!

And these signs make us laugh:
(we just like what they say!)



This sign always makes me sad . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment